Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Outfits/Accessories/Mask/Hair Suggestion Thread.
10-11-2017, 04:57 AM
RE: Outfits/Accessories/Mask/Hair Suggestion Thread.
Well, this time he actually had something to say. So at least it wasn't for no reason at all.

As for what he said, i think he was a little off point there. The point of curves in the armor ARE to deflect sword strikes, but the issue Centi made with boobs is that those aren't curves that can potentially deflect sword strikes.

They're well pronounced outcroppings, that are, on the whole, unnecessary. Why encase the entire bosom in armor, and drape it forward and out from the chest, where it can be easily struck?

It would make much more sense battle wise to become as flat as possible, and have a gentle curve in the armor to deflect the sword strikes.

Not to mention the fact that all that extra metal would add a lot of extra weight forward, and throw the female fighter off balance.

[Image: UTK87Qx.png]

http://i.imgur.com/rwc2MFh.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/BZico18.png
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2017, 05:51 AM
(10-11-2017 04:57 AM)Thylakaleo Wrote:  Well, this time he actually had something to say. So at least it wasn't for no reason at all.

As for what he said, i think he was a little off point there. The point of curves in the armor ARE to deflect sword strikes, but the issue Centi made with boobs is that those aren't curves that can potentially deflect sword strikes.

They're well pronounced outcroppings, that are, on the whole, unnecessary. Why encase the entire bosom in armor, and drape it forward and out from the chest, where it can be easily struck?

It would make much more sense battle wise to become as flat as possible, and have a gentle curve in the armor to deflect the sword strikes.

Not to mention the fact that all that extra metal would add a lot of extra weight forward, and throw the female fighter off balance.
Swords dont pierce armor

Currently recruiting for Kamikaze
The tengu of the Kamikaze sees everything
10-11-2017, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 06:12 AM by Thylakaleo.)
(10-11-2017 05:51 AM)Zetzane Wrote:  Swords dont pierce armor

Sorry, can you point to anywhere that i actually used the word "pierce"?

because looking back over, i didn't use the word "pierce" once.

So, ok?

10-11-2017, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 07:17 AM by Yurei.)
It's not about piercing anyways. It's about force. A slight curve deflects a part of the impact but a boob plate just takes a isolated part of the body and brings it out. Instead of the whole armor absorbing a part of the force the boob shaped parts just takes it all.
That's basicly the point of Centi and Thyla.

Now to expend on points maybe not that clear from the picture or from Centi's post.
You are wearing chainmail and/or a gambeson or any other form of padding under your armor. Your breasts won't be much prominent anymore. They might form like a bulge but they won't be 2 defiend breasts anymore. There wouldn't be any point to redefine two 'seperate' breasts by adding a flat space in between the middle. If at all this flat part between the breasts would press against your chest because of weapons force or just falling over. Your boobs are squishy your sternum not so much. Also the inner sides of the breasts would deflect any weapons (spears and arrows designed to penetrate) towards the heart/middle section where the flat part is.
That's where Centi's picture comes in. The breast armor has like a minor 'shelf' like form in terms that it is a pronounced part of the armor. Even that is honestly not neccesary and less effecient than a male breastplate. For the sake of arguemant we will say it's for feminity reasons of the wearer and a style decision. Then the concept of the plate in the picture would still be better than those real boob plates. Since it's one 'solid' bulge it will deflect blows outwards. If force hits it directly the is much more surface area to distribute the impact than a singe breast. Also the force from weapons and falling over will be distributed onto the squishy breasts and not half of the sternum.
But as i said a 'normal' breastplate would be most effeciently. The only reasons to show any kind feminity at all is either feminine pride and therfore style or a mild, very mild, distraction of male oponents. That's what Centi's pic is giving us. Pronounced but practical feminity in armor design. It's kinda the middle ground of all above.

[Image: saskiayureiup76f9gtxa.png]
10-11-2017, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 11:04 AM by Zetzane.)
Let me just point out that plate armor replaced mail armor. Getting slashed at in amail armor padding or no padding is likely to break some ribs.

If it is a whole plate then the whole plate will take the inpact wouldnt it? I can see your point if it was just the boob covering and the rest mail.

Also people seem to think that knight armor was heavy and like a tank. That extra weight would not make much differenc because it would be resting on the belt.

Just assuming. I know a lot about knight and samurai historical armor but i havent really checked out fenale armor. I usually do that in incognito

10-11-2017, 12:31 PM
The point wasn't that it was heavy, it's that it would be additional weight and balanced unevenly.

The whole plate wouldn't be able to take the impact, depending on where the impact happens, because the sharp curves on the fantasy female breastplate wouldn't allow it to happen.

And is what happens with a normal breastplate though, that's why the design is better that way.

Usually, the breastplates aren't pierced, but they easily get dented from hard hits. This would be especially bad if the armor was directly around the woman's breast. The dent would have nowhere to go except against her flesh, and it would create a lot of pain and make it much more difficult to move that way.

10-11-2017, 01:26 PM
I'd just like to point out one small thing.

BOOBS ARE NOT FUCKING WHAT YOU SEE IN HENTAI AND ANIMES. REAL LIFE BOOBS ARE WAY SMALLER.

So, the curve in the armour would be negligible.

PS: Samurai is an asian concept so the boobs will be smaller than the average ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

*Meow*...
[Image: CxBPIDZ.gif]
10-11-2017, 06:09 PM
(10-11-2017 01:26 PM)Dokuganryu Wrote:  I'd just like to point out one small thing.

BOOBS ARE NOT FUCKING WHAT YOU SEE IN HENTAI AND ANIMES. REAL LIFE BOOBS ARE WAY SMALLER.

So, the curve in the armour would be negligible.

PS: Samurai is an asian concept so the boobs will be smaller than the average ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yeah i forgot to make that point too. It wouldnt be that much of a bulge

10-11-2017, 08:41 PM
Yurei has a point tho with the squishy boobs. Mine are soft so i understand

10-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Yeah, that's also part of it. Normal breasts just don't tend to be THAT bulky. I think Centi made that point also, and said "If your breasts really are that large, then the battlefield might not be the best place for you in the first place.