Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Anime Recommendations?
08-18-2016, 03:35 AM
Tongue Anime Recommendations?
Hello, I was curious to know of any anime that you can recommend. Preferred genres would be sad-themed and horror. Other than that, you are free to recommend new anime.
But no long-running anime like One Piece, Naruto, Dragon Ball, etc. Tongue

The sad-themed anime I've watched (movies included).
( This includes tear-jerking moments, at least for me. Tongue )
Clannad, Clannad: After Story, Anohana, Magnitude 8.0, Angel Beats, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Assassination Classroom, 5 centimeters per second, Grave of the fireflies, Gintama and probably a few more.

Planning on watching
(Either read that it was sad or through notoriety)
Kokoro Connect, Plastic Memories, Your Lie In April, Little Busters, Death Parade

Horror-themed anime I've watched.
Shiki, Another, Parasyte The Maxim, Corpse Party OVAs, Deadman Wonderland, Blood-C, Death Note, Hellsing, Hellsing: Ultimate, Elfen Lied, Blue Gender, High School Of The Dead

Planning on watching: Akame ga Kill
On hold: Gantz and Umineko: When They Cry

(/'o')/ Praise the Fish God! \('o'\)
He brings us good fortune, rich harvests, and wealth!

(/'o')/ Praise the Fish Demi-God! \('o'\)
He brings us good EXP and bountiful potatoes!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Praise the Minor Fish God...? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
He just controls algae.

[Image: og2vFR6.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2016, 04:13 AM
RE: Anime Recommendations?
Yo!
First of, for sad-horror and action anime, I got a few suggestions for you.
Watch: Tokyo Ghoul ; Attack on Titan (Shingeki No Kyojin) ; Psycho-Pass ; Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.

Also, this is pretty old, an you guys might not like it, but check out: Vampire Hunter D. It's an anime movie, but it's honestly really good (The original one is the best). Make sure to check it out when you have time.

Also; as personal suggestions; check Sword Art Online; No Game No Life; Re:Zero and Code Geass. They're all super exciting.

That's it for me Big Grin

[Image: 5ca921949fa42671a19ee24975a921d9.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-18-2016, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2016 12:43 PM by Centifolia.)
Tear Jerkers:
Planetarian - Spans for just five 15-minute episodes and just finised airing. Planned Movie soon
Full Metal Alchemist - obligational
Honey and Clover
K-on! - fun-filled show until the drama hits you at the end of the festival
Sora no Woto - uses the same graphics as K-on but do not be fooled. They are all soldiers with a traumatizing history and none of K-on's moe can be found here. Instead, you will have soldiers with ptsd and girls who questions when it is right to kill someone.
Love Live - just like K-on, this show focuses on its positive outlook in life and having fun. But once the drama sets in, you will be unable to forget about it. Seriously, the climax of S2 was seen as a classic in anime history.
Unfortunately, if you do not like Japanese idol music, then this is not the show for you.
Hanasaku Iroha
Aria - this one is really mature, not for its content but for its message about being positive in life no matter how bad the situation is. And god, that ending was one of the greatest closures I've ever seen. So much better than the manga. Really slow Slice of Life. NOT really recommended for young audiences who prefer it fast paced.
The author also released Amanchu which is airing right now. Once the manga ended, I expect to suffer the same drama that I got from Aria

Horror:
Narutaru - uses an extremely cute graphics and a cute opening. But be warned: It features child abuse, child rape, children fighting for their life, mental breakdowns, graphic beheading, people getting eviserated, and so on. The manga goes even worse.
Known as founder of moe horror like Corpse Party, Higurashi and Elfien Lied

Gakou Gurashi - If you think that Narutaru was bad enough, then you should definitely see this one. It features really cute girls doing cute things....which....unfortunately....is completely false. Everything in the show was seen in the eyes of a girl suffering extreme schizophrenia....and the reality is so gruesomely dire. Manga and anime followed different paths. I personally prefer the anime because it is cuter. Manga is more gory and intense. I bet you will prefer that one.
Watch the anime first then move on to the manga

Madoka Magica - uses the same troll tactics as Narutaru but instead of bloodshed, it uses insanity and madness as its core value. Really cute graphics and highly intense mental breakdown. Do not drop until episode 3
Classified as the deconstruction of the Magical Girl genre and one of the hottest franchise right now. 5th movie is coming soon

Evangelion - an undisputed classic. Known as the Deconstruction of the Mecha genre.

Me!Me!Me! - a short 5 minute music video which, according to fans, [spoiler]is a visual methaphor for people who cheats on their lover[/spoiler]

On a side note: I'm watching Girls und Panzer right now and boy, I highly recommend it. I've never imagined tanks and cute girls could be this intense.
[Image: 4meVQY7.gif]

I am a writer who fell for Chikako's charms. I was born to win her admiration and I desire to give her the purest form of love
Current works(updatedx3)
[Image: pC3OXGq.gif]
08-18-2016, 03:11 PM
Oh dang, all these suggestions. Much thanks! Big Grin
I forgot to watch No Game No Life, thanks for the reminder. Smile
I liked Gakkou Gurashi, those curveballs of twists. Tongue
Girls und Panzer is amazing. (=b'o')=b

He just controls algae.

08-18-2016, 11:50 PM
If you don't mind some homosexuality, then I really can't recommend Kutsukiboshi enough.
A one-man project made after years in production, it is one of the most underrated gems ever. It starts as something with angst and drama that might irk most viewers, but the ending was something that I was unable to forget.
The song "Watashi no 71%" combined with that brilliant scene resulted nothing less of a masterpiece

[Image: kuttsukiboshi%2Bgif04.gif]

Best part about the anime is that its artist still continued the story in doujins that he made himself. And damn, they were so lewd

My second show to recommend is Yuri Kuma Arashi
[Image: large.gif]

Do not be tricked by this highly sensual gif.
The title translates to "Lily Bear Storm" and just as how random the name, so was the show. The entire show was a complete acid trip wherein you will watch it without expecting anything and leave it feeling completely wasted

You won't know what on earth is going on and every single episode, you will question what you were doing with your life. It's like getting stoned except there's no drug involved.
I personally did not like it but alot of people did and I won't be surpised if you end up joining their cult - a cult dedicated into interpreting the show into various metaphors about life, tragedy, and sexuality.

Contains alot of homosexuality, and references from horror films like American Psycho and Signs

I like cute girls

I am a writer who fell for Chikako's charms. I was born to win her admiration and I desire to give her the purest form of love
Current works(updatedx3)
[Image: pC3OXGq.gif]
08-21-2016, 08:21 AM
boku no pico....

[Image: Battle.png]
09-18-2016, 12:37 AM
Wink RE: Anime Recommendations?
One punch man is a satire on heroes profiles. Very good anime and very short 12 episodes. Big Grin

Aka Ryu
[Image: TSFH-Invincible-Steven-R-Gilmore.jpg]
09-19-2016, 07:43 AM
Much thanks for these new suggestions! Big Grin
Feel free to add/compile more, I check the forums frequently. Smile

He just controls algae.

09-19-2016, 11:18 AM
what i suggested was the best anime....watch it.

[Image: Battle.png]
09-19-2016, 02:07 PM
I'm familiar with the Boku no Pico gag. Tongue

He just controls algae.