Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
War Room Overhauling.
09-14-2016, 05:39 AM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2016 02:21 PM by Thylakaleo.)
War Room Overhauling.
There has been a lot of drama lately with the state of the war room, and a lot of players have different opinions. I think we should all come together here on this forum, and discuss those opinions.

The way i currently see it, the war room faces two interlocked problems.

#1. Any time any person builds an HQ on any enemy territory, it's taken as a personal act of aggression.

#2. 10 months of peace (nothing to do war room wise.)

I feel, these issues are easily solvable, and all we have to do is come together as a team. Agree that we're going to be allowed to build hq's on one another's territories without having to go through days of discussion.

I do understand, at the start of this conversation, that many people have many different feelings about the war room, and i am 100% certain we can devise a system that will allow everyone to feel comfortable. These are my personal goals for the system, and i would like everyone else's input and their personal goals.

#1. All clans compete in war room, and always have an active HQ on another clan's territory. This way, we can be sure everyone has access to the war room universally.

#2. Unless decided beforehand, no clan takes more than a certain amount of territories from another clan. (maybe 10% of that clans land, so bigger clans, who are doing better, are more at risk, maybe a set number. We will have to get everyone's input to decide on this)

#3. All clans will have sacred areas that will be off limits to attacks with total size areas no greater than a certain limit that will be decided on.

#4. Alliances are 1 time agreements for battles, and subject to change at any time, through battles, no resentment allowed, in interest of keeping a fair battle.*
*This does not mean for wars, only for battles during peace times. Such as, if two smaller clans team up against a bigger clan, they are under no obligation to protect one another because of that.

If we can adhere to these rules, we can have another 10 months of peace like we had before this war, while also giving everyone equal access and choice in the war room.

Obviously, none of these rules would apply to real war. If a real war breaks out, then mostly anything is allowed. And, if real war is agreed on by 2 or more clans, they can discuss the terms of it, if they plan to have any.

If we adhere to these rules, we can keep all clans peaceful and prosperous, we can keep everyone from arguing over anything, and we can ensure a strong balance and fairness within the game.

This will require the cooperation of all leaders, and for all of us to trust one another. That if one clan is being beaten from several sides, we can step up and say "well, that's not fair to this clan, let's move on to another, let's choose new targets." and, when players don't follow the rules, we can come together as a group, and assess the situation. Look at things from every side, and ensure that the game stays balanced, fair, and fun for all the people who play it.

[Image: UTK87Qx.png]

http://i.imgur.com/rwc2MFh.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/BZico18.png
Find all posts by this user
09-14-2016, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2016 03:40 AM by aloshka.)
RE: War Room Overhauling.
SHSD War Room parody.

CAUTION!

This parody is full of exaggeration and trololo. If you don't have a distance to yourself and treat everything ZOMG SERIOUSLY!!! /o\ then... well, save the kitten, delete your character.

Enjoy!
09-14-2016, 07:27 AM
Damn,that caught me off guard aloshka!

About those points leo made:i will post a more detailled answer tomorrow.

[Image: unbenanntwfwafwt2vgdipq89.jpg]
09-14-2016, 10:57 AM
(09-14-2016 07:23 AM)aloshka Wrote:  Enjoy!

You spent an awful lot of time on something that makes an awful little bit of sense.

But it was kinda funny aside from that. I can tell you tried.

Waiting on serious replies tho so we can... ya know... fix the boring crap.

09-14-2016, 03:20 PM
(09-14-2016 05:39 AM)Thylakaleo Wrote:  There has been a lot of drama lately with the state of the war room, and a lot of players have different opinions. I think we should all come together here on this forum, and discuss those opinions.

The way i currently see it, the war room faces two interlocked problems.

#1. Any time any person builds an HQ on any enemy territory, it's taken as a personal act of aggression.

#2. 10 months of peace (nothing to do war room wise.)

I feel, these issues are easily solvable, and all we have to do is come together as a team. Agree that we're going to be allowed to build hq's on one another's territories without having to go through days of discussion.

I do understand, at the start of this conversation, that many people have many different feelings about the war room, and i am 100% certain we can devise a system that will allow everyone to feel comfortable. These are my personal goals for the system, and i would like everyone else's input and their personal goals.

#1. All clans compete in war room, and always have an active HQ on another clan's territory. This way, we can be sure everyone has access to the war room universally.

#2. Unless decided beforehand, no clan takes more than a certain amount of territories from another clan. (maybe 10% of that clans land, so bigger clans, who are doing better, are more at risk, maybe a set number. We will have to get everyone's input to decide on this)

#3. All clans will have sacred areas that will be off limits to attacks.

#4. Alliances are 1 time agreements for battles, and subject to change at any time, through battles, no resentment allowed, in interest of keeping a fair battle.

If we can adhere to these rules, we can have another 10 months of peace like we had before this war, while also giving everyone equal access and choice in the war room.

Obviously, none of these rules would apply to real war. If a real war breaks out, then mostly anything is allowed. And, if real war is agreed on by 2 or more clans, they can discuss the terms of it, if they plan to have any.

If we adhere to these rules, we can keep all clans peaceful and prosperous, we can keep everyone from arguing over anything, and we can ensure a strong balance and fairness within the game.

This will require the cooperation of all leaders, and for all of us to trust one another. That if one clan is being beaten from several sides, we can step up and say "well, that's not fair to this clan, let's move on to another, let's choose new targets." and, when players don't follow the rules, we can come together as a group, and assess the situation. Look at things from every side, and ensure that the game stays balanced, fair, and fun for all the people who play it.

I only disagree with the first Rule. because if its Sparing between Clans it should be more planned out to not cause issues with attacking a tile or placing a HQ unexpectedly. It should work like a normal War but between desiring clans wanting to take part in sparing with another Clan or Clans and The land being returned when Sparing is done.

I see a even more bigger issue between Clans that is also the cause of more personal feelings have been involved resulting from actions that have happened in the Past.

We all know what clans dislike one another. So I won't point fingers But I have noticed there is multiple clans that are doing this

#1 at the end of the day, This is a Game people. Its not like some one truly stabed you in the back or Broke trust in real life. This is a game and most importantly the Leaders of all the Clans and Their SICs (Including Myself) need to first be respectful to every one. How do we expect our Clan Members to be respectful if we don't set that example.

#2 The Past is the Past. Let it go. "Seriously" Living in the Past does nothing but cause problems because it blocks from seeing the Present fully. Let go of the Past and Open your eyes fully.

Working together takes Cooperation and Cooperation Takes Trust and Trust take Letting Go of the Past and seeing the present.
09-14-2016, 10:59 PM
I agree with you on a lot of points there Matt.

We have to accept that the game has been kinda messed up for a while, and that a lot of things have happened in the past.

But again, i think we need to look back, and not point any fingers saying, "Oh, he attacked me first, he's the bad guy, blah blah blah."

Like Mattson said, it's just a game, and at the end of the day, win or lose, we have to accept that we're here to play and have fun. We have to respect everyone elses right to enjoy the game, while also enjoying the game ourselves.

I do understand that you could want things to be more planned out, but, that may be somewhat difficult at times, which is why we should give one another the benefit of the doubt most of the time, and try to work together.

I'm no stranger to getting aggravated and disrespectful, i'll be the first to admit that. And i'll probably still be calling out in the future if i see things getting beyond the level of just a game.

But there is no reason anyone should be caused stress by a video game. That's just ridiculous.

09-15-2016, 03:43 AM
First off... Dat video... Dat left me SPEECHLESS lmfao!

Aloshka, ya just gained a reputation point, just since I laughed hard. XD (yeeeet, I don't really agree to most of that for further points)

Back to the point.

I for myself, will keep fighting for a change of War Room. We can not keep our fellow members in a system which makes them go out of game boundaries.

We literally, force our comrades and ourselves to fight over the limits of a game, using countless accounts with proxy gates and all of that bs.

So on simple question I made to Tameshi as well: What's the point? Why is it worth it?
We can literally have a system on which we can fight each other without the stress of being destroyed.

We can lose tiles and win others. Help each other. But we can also use politics and larger scale wars for more serious matters (still not worth it)

But, as a simple former leader and SIC, I don't have the authority and influence to manipulate any of you to any decision.

So I simply propose a council in which the clan leaders will be able to speak with each other for their thoughts of changing war room, and can come to a final conclusion.

I for myself propose a council held on the forums. (I can create some if you need me to); which is also what we propose as Aka Ryu.

[Image: 5ca921949fa42671a19ee24975a921d9.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-15-2016, 06:17 AM
Yeah, i think forums will be a good place to have this discussion, where we can save info, go back over it if needed, and see everyone's thoughts and opinions laid out in an organized way.

That way, no one can talk over anyone else, and everyone has a voice in the matter. We can bring up a list of concerns, and address those concerns directly and adequately.

09-15-2016, 07:33 AM
Allright then,just came home now.

First:I think that a meeting,a council,so to say,is a good idea.
And it can happen on the forum,im fine with that(my pc restarts at the worst moments now,a ingame meeting would be problematic anyway).

This can be problematic sometimes,like for example,when a clan has to rebuild his clan/land for one reason or another.
For example,a trade between 2 clans could happen.
Or a clan doesnt play by the rules of the new war room and takes too much land of another clan.
Or maybe a clan just lost too much in a short time and needs a little break.
I know that this concept was made to offer each clan member the chance of fighting in the war room.
Though,what if the majority of this clan isnt interested to fight right now?
This may be unlikely to happen in a story clan(or at least it will be hard to prove it),but it can easily happen in a small player clan.
What would happen in that case?

#3. All clans will have sacred areas that will be off limits to attacks.

Obviously,this would be midori,s homeland,in our case.

#4. Alliances are 1 time agreements for battles, and subject to change at any time, through battles, no resentment allowed, in interest of keeping a fair battle.

Thats a point that i personally dont like.
For me,a alliance is(in a optimal way)a deep bound between 2 clans,who stick together no matter what happens,sometimes even including friendship,and nothing you change weekly.
So,maybe we should not call this a,,alliance''and,perhaps,a simple,,team''for a short duration.
Now about,,real''alliances.
If they are completely gone,there has to be another way to ensure that you will get backup if you need it.
Who will help a clan if someone breaks the rules of the,,new''war room and at what point?
Will it be the duty of other clans to help a clan in need?
And if not,how can i be sure that clans will intervene?
And should the rules for the war room get a change once more,in 1 year maybe,there is nothing a clan can do about it because he is at the mercy at the ones who make the rules.
Thats a important point i would like to discuss in the meeting we will have.

With that beeing said,im looking forward to the chance of hearing each others oppinion about the whole,,new war room''concept in a meeting on the forum.
Another thing:

As i said before(and as seen in aloshka,s video,as funny as it was to watch),i was agreeing with ak90 on,,no seperate peace'',a long time ago.
I would like to hear what he has to say about this.
And should i agree to everything we discussed in the meeting,but ak90 not,i would ask him to officially release me and midori from the promise i made.
Im aware of my current reputation,no worries.
But a word is a word for me and i would hate to go back on my word.

Keep the discussion going,i will check it.

[Image: unbenanntwfwafwt2vgdipq89.jpg]
09-15-2016, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2016 07:41 AM by Kogane no kiba burūdoragon.)
your idea has some merits Thyla, especially the sacred area for each clan. currently though Aka Ryu and Ki Sensu are carving up Midori's homeland...will your two clans be returning the land to them so they have a safe base or since it is Midori, and so many has a certain mindset as it concerns them, fugg them and their homeland?

just curious...

You all should already Know Aoi's stance on the two southernmost islands

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed