Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
War Room Overhauling: Take 2
04-07-2017, 10:17 PM
War Room Overhauling: Take 2
Before we start, please take notice of the following rules. I will not discuss the current state of war room, neither will i discuss the options the players have to improve it. By now we have several topics showing almost every opinion in existance. What i do not want is to discuss the (not) existance of problems. So please no ranting about the current state and please no promoting of you own solution. My take on war room overhauling depends on the developer hence why i write in 'suggestions' and not in 'clans'. Especialy some specific people i ask not to get baited by Aloshka only because my topic has war room and overhauling in the same sentence. I don't want to see this topic getting taken down because once again insults and provocation get out of hand.

So, lately with my new earned free time after quiting i found a interresting mechanic from the game For Honor. I wonder if anyone knows this game. It's basicly a pvp game with heavy emphasis on duels and gear stats, a neglectable story, is buggy, unbalanced asf, the devs only decided to start patching after about 10.000 players threatened to boycott the game and the player base in majority are douches with no honor in a game ironicly called For Honor, and you can play samurais as a faction. Wait, minus the bad player (SHSD has a great one) i'm not taking about SHSD am i?... uhmm well anyway... let's continue.
Out of the many negative aspects of this game i stumbled across their take on something similiar as our war room. While i don't want to import their whole mechanics (it's basicly a deploy only war room where u gather war assets trough pvp matches) i want to implement one specific aspect of their 'war room'.

Introducing to you seasons. No i don't mean the infamous season 2 of our story mode. What i mean is the following concept.
After a certain ammount of time (that's up for balancing) could be 2-3 months or less, or more, the map gets cleared a season winner is decided and everyone starts from scratch again.
Now how do i transfer this to SHSD? It's quite simple. After a season ends every story clan starts at their diplos (maybe with several territories to start with) and has to gather new ground for every season. No territory count realy matters from this point on. People nowadays don't want to lose territories because they are a status symbol. Just to tell people to not care for them is futile because there is no real benefit for them to try your idea. If the game forces them to not care that's something completly different.
With this system no one realy has to guard his land like a guard dog because after 3 months it gets reseted anyways. No one has to be ashamed to have less tiles then others because you can simply say ,,I take this season as a break, i'm not even trying. I will get you in the next season tho''. For clans like midori it means a fresh start out of a siege. For other big clans it means war without hard feelings because at the end of the day tile count doesn't realy matter unless you are fixated on being every seasons winner. For small clans it means a chance to grow and make alliances. No one wants to give a unknown clan land because nowadays land is too precious. But at a fresh start of a season a player clan can just quest some empty space and try to grow.

Of course there will be still room for diplomacy. A clan like Mura or Bisha can just simply ask other clans for donations and occasional spars. Moreover, you can try different alliances, one season you fight alongside your enemy from the previous season. If you are burned out just take a break and wait for the next season.

Questing would get a new role. Defensive questing would be ineffective for the short time you have. Offensive questing to get in the middle of your enemy or vanguard questing (i made this totaly up on the spot) to get near the enemy and gather favourable positions on the map would be prefered.
How about the empty tiles? Good question. Empty tiles would be controlled by AI 'factions'. They would be no match for the story clans or even most player clans. However, they would be strong enough to defeat ghost clans that contain of 2 or 3 people. That would prevent a flood of smaller clans while leaving the ones deserving a chance. For bigger clans to get into war sooner you can just quest near the enemy and the fun starts. Story clans could also start with a certain number of tiles to make enemy contact easier.

The last question. What about clan gear? Also a simple answer. If you can finish a season at last once as a major clan you permanently unlock clan gear. Even if someone gets ganked they won't have to worry about missing their mask or war hero ring.
Of course there would need to be something for the season winner. I will make something clear right now. It shouldn't be anything related to gold or items because people would again get fixated and emotional. War room isn't even a main part of this game in my opinion. The rewards shouldn't give you anything that helps you outside war room. A season winner could get something like cheaper building costs, attacks/defends count as 2 moves towards your clan rank... something like that only for the next season. Maybe after a clan reached season winner for the xx time they get a modified clan heavy armor. Something minor like the clan symbol and a bit more colors on it but only once and only the players who were in the clan during the time of the xx seasons.

So yeah, that's my take on war room overhauling. I'm aware that this is basicly a restructure of war room but hey... that's what the suggestion section is all about. For things that require a lot of dev work and might or might not see the light of birth. So please spare me from all the 'we don't even have housing and you are asking for this' answers Big Grin. Feel free to criticise but go easy on my fellings will ya Wink?

[Image: saskiayureiup76f9gtxa.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2017, 03:19 AM
RE: War Room Overhauling: Take 2
(04-07-2017 10:17 PM)Yurei Wrote:  
Before we start, please take notice of the following rules. I will not discuss the current state of war room, neither will i discuss the options the players have to improve it. By now we have several topics showing almost every opinion in existance. What i do not want is to discuss the (not) existance of problems. So please no ranting about the current state and please no promoting of you own solution. My take on war room overhauling depends on the developer hence why i write in 'suggestions' and not in 'clans'. Especialy some specific people i ask not to get baited by Aloshka only because my topic has war room and overhauling in the same sentence. I don't want to see this topic getting taken down because once again insults and provocation get out of hand.

So, lately with my new earned free time after quiting i found a interresting mechanic from the game For Honor. I wonder if anyone knows this game. It's basicly a pvp game with heavy emphasis on duels and gear stats, a neglectable story, is buggy, unbalanced asf, the devs only decided to start patching after about 10.000 players threatened to boycott the game and the player base in majority are douches with no honor in a game ironicly called For Honor, and you can play samurais as a faction. Wait, minus the bad player (SHSD has a great one) i'm not taking about SHSD am i?... uhmm well anyway... let's continue.
Out of the many negative aspects of this game i stumbled across their take on something similiar as our war room. While i don't want to import their whole mechanics (it's basicly a deploy only war room where u gather war assets trough pvp matches) i want to implement one specific aspect of their 'war room'.

Introducing to you seasons. No i don't mean the infamous season 2 of our story mode. What i mean is the following concept.
After a certain ammount of time (that's up for balancing) could be 2-3 months or less, or more, the map gets cleared a season winner is decided and everyone starts from scratch again.
Now how do i transfer this to SHSD? It's quite simple. After a season ends every story clan starts at their diplos (maybe with several territories to start with) and has to gather new ground for every season. No territory count realy matters from this point on. People nowadays don't want to lose territories because they are a status symbol. Just to tell people to not care for them is futile because there is no real benefit for them to try your idea. If the game forces them to not care that's something completly different.
With this system no one realy has to guard his land like a guard dog because after 3 months it gets reseted anyways. No one has to be ashamed to have less tiles then others because you can simply say ,,I take this season as a break, i'm not even trying. I will get you in the next season tho''. For clans like midori it means a fresh start out of a siege. For other big clans it means war without hard feelings because at the end of the day tile count doesn't realy matter unless you are fixated on being every seasons winner. For small clans it means a chance to grow and make alliances. No one wants to give a unknown clan land because nowadays land is too precious. But at a fresh start of a season a player clan can just quest some empty space and try to grow.

Of course there will be still room for diplomacy. A clan like Mura or Bisha can just simply ask other clans for donations and occasional spars. Moreover, you can try different alliances, one season you fight alongside your enemy from the previous season. If you are burned out just take a break and wait for the next season.

Questing would get a new role. Defensive questing would be ineffective for the short time you have. Offensive questing to get in the middle of your enemy or vanguard questing (i made this totaly up on the spot) to get near the enemy and gather favourable positions on the map would be prefered.
How about the empty tiles? Good question. Empty tiles would be controlled by AI 'factions'. They would be no match for the story clans or even most player clans. However, they would be strong enough to defeat ghost clans that contain of 2 or 3 people. That would prevent a flood of smaller clans while leaving the ones deserving a chance. For bigger clans to get into war sooner you can just quest near the enemy and the fun starts. Story clans could also start with a certain number of tiles to make enemy contact easier.

The last question. What about clan gear? Also a simple answer. If you can finish a season at last once as a major clan you permanently unlock clan gear. Even if someone gets ganked they won't have to worry about missing their mask or war hero ring.
Of course there would need to be something for the season winner. I will make something clear right now. It shouldn't be anything related to gold or items because people would again get fixated and emotional. War room isn't even a main part of this game in my opinion. The rewards shouldn't give you anything that helps you outside war room. A season winner could get something like cheaper building costs, attacks/defends count as 2 moves towards your clan rank... something like that only for the next season. Maybe after a clan reached season winner for the xx time they get a modified clan heavy armor. Something minor like the clan symbol and a bit more colors on it but only once and only the players who were in the clan during the time of the xx seasons.

So yeah, that's my take on war room overhauling. I'm aware that this is basicly a restructure of war room but hey... that's what the suggestion section is all about. For things that require a lot of dev work and might or might not see the light of birth. So please spare me from all the 'we don't even have housing and you are asking for this' answers Big Grin. Feel free to criticise but go easy on my fellings will ya Wink?
I like it. Count me in.

Currently recruiting for Kamikaze
The tengu of the Kamikaze sees everything
04-08-2017, 03:57 AM
Mate, where were you on the previous overhauling thread? :3
So, I don't really have anything to add/remove here, and truthfully, this shouldn't even be too hard to code in the devs' side. It's a complete restructure of the War Room if you see the theme of it, but they just need to add a server restart button for themselves. But honestly, they are slacking off. They have been away for over a year, there is no excuse for that. So I'm worried this suggestion will just stock up in the suggestion file. .
As to Aoi, I know that the southern island is "MY PRECIOUS" for them, but be reasonable, and notice that this suggestion would revamp the war room

[Image: 5ca921949fa42671a19ee24975a921d9.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2017, 06:36 AM
Yeah to be honest it would be a even bigger revamp then every war room suggestion before. But... here comes a big smh fact. From all the needs we have for the war room be it a less time consuming system (every hour counts) to a better reward system what are the devs working on? A freaking total kills and total influence gain counter ._.
I mean realy? That's what you are working at? I'm about 90% sure this will never be looked at by them but maybe someone has a good idea for the game based on my suggestion here. Maybe that person has more influence then i have.
I don't consider this revamp to be perfect. And of course people would have to agree to that... let's say it would be nice if every clan would give a green light. Maybe someone can improve my idea maybe someone has good arguements against it. It's just always better to have several concepts. We got a player base reliant suggestion from Leo and now a dev reliant. It's a bit dreaming, sure. I hope the dev will look into this in secret. The game needs some change, any change to blow some life into the game again.

04-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Add free kittens

Currently recruiting for Kamikaze
The tengu of the Kamikaze sees everything
04-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Kittens are kind of free. They cost 5000 coins (?) for a story reset scroll and some time untill you get to the part of the story when you get your kitten.

04-08-2017, 11:15 PM
Literally overhauling an aspect like that would never happen. Would involve countless lines of code.

Housing has been over a year in the making. Still buggy and needs a lot of work.

Maybe if we were making 4000+ per month. But this would be a massive undertaking.

It might work, it might not, but either way, it's just idle chatter to pass the time. At least it keeps the forum alive?

[Image: UTK87Qx.png]

http://i.imgur.com/rwc2MFh.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/BZico18.png
04-09-2017, 04:11 AM
I would say the forum is even more dead than the game.

04-09-2017, 01:59 PM
I am against the idea of seasons, it will only bring chaos in the relationship of the clans, but nothing essentially has changed.
The battles in WR are very exhausting, especially for attacking players, because of noobs ignore this part of the game.
How idea of seasons can affect on game in this plan? You will only increase even more burden on attacking players, clan elite and the clan's leadership. And such players very few at Main clans. They can get tired.

Cleaning the map will not increase the intensity of the battles, but will only increase the fatigue from these battles. Every hour, 20 minutes, 5 or 6 movements, how many days or weeks you will hold out in this mode especially in PvP? A big war can last to several months of intense play, not just in the WR.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2017, 09:22 PM
(04-09-2017 01:59 PM)serpentine_path Wrote:  I am against the idea of seasons, it will only bring chaos in the relationship of the clans, but nothing essentially has changed.
The battles in WR are very exhausting, especially for attacking players, because of noobs ignore this part of the game.
How idea of seasons can affect on game in this plan? You will only increase even more burden on attacking players, clan elite and the clan's leadership. And such players very few at Main clans. They can get tired.

Cleaning the map will not increase the intensity of the battles, but will only increase the fatigue from these battles. Every hour, 20 minutes, 5 or 6 movements, how many days or weeks you will hold out in this mode especially in PvP? A big war can last to several months of intense play, not just in the WR.

Yeah that's a good point. I partialy wanted to take some pressure away from certain people because it wouldn't be required to give 100% all the time. As i said losing a battle wouldn't be so bad because you don't realy lose anything. A new season resets everything anyways.
I totaly agree that the whole war room in itself is kinda boring and tiresome (at least for me). Noobs ignoring the atk/def part adds to this. But that's a whole other mechanic of WR i didn't want to restructure too because i don't have any idea. A short try: Make WR player stats different to main game to give noobs a chance to figth. Give better (unique) rewards to WR, especialy for atk/def to make fighting more attractive. But that's even more to change.
As to the clan relations. I don't realy see a problem. Even if you annoy a clan and he fights back and wipes you from the map u got the next seasons. Supposedly (looking at previous WR threads) most if not all clans want a 'more active' WR. Fighting is a consequence of that. With enough diplomatic skill you can set minor rules like tile minimum count and so on. For clan relations positive (imo) would be the feature to break free from wipe outs like Midor/Ki.
Basicly seasons would (imo) rely on the noobs more than the clan elites. The elites just fight when and if they want. Because again at the end no one gains or loses anything. The elites realy would only have to fight seriously during the first season to unlock their clan gear and that's it. From then on it's just 'that looks interesting, i will join'. Of course this heavily depends on the clan leader too. If you got a clan leader who totaly wants to win every battle then well... just don't do it and take a break. It's not like 'if we don't win the next battles we will be wiped out for good'.