05-13-2017, 11:14 PM
RE: ?????
Palindromic number.

[Image: saskiayureiup76f9gtxa.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2017, 11:21 AM
(05-13-2017 01:38 AM)Thylakaleo Wrote:  But also feels like massive copyright infringement. (That they probably could have gotten around by just numbering them differently.)

(05-13-2017 04:07 PM)Azgodeth Wrote:  90% of the outfits in this game are ripped off from naruto or bleach. if anyone from ether company ever plays this game, the **** will hit the fan.

Character clothing design CAN'T BE COPYRIGHTED there isn't any legal basis for it both within Case Law & Codified Law. If anyone here delusional enough to think there is such, then feel free to write it up your LEGAL ARGUMENT here (Most likely I wont read it anyway Tongue )

There are even multi billion $ worth of industries out there (apparel, consumer electronic, automotive, etc) that had their design copied and commercialized by another without any legal battle, because there are limits of what any entity could submit for copyright. A similarity and / or relatability CAN'T BE COPYRIGHTED

"If you're going to be thinking anyway, you might as well Think Big"
Donald J. Trump with Tony Schwartz, Trump: The Art of the Deal (1987)
[Image: l46CxgqWsvTM8jb6U.gif]
05-15-2017, 12:15 PM
(05-15-2017 11:21 AM)Yoshinobu Wrote:  Character clothing design CAN'T BE COPYRIGHTED there isn't any legal basis for it both within Case Law & Codified Law. If anyone here delusional enough to think there is such, then feel free to write it up your LEGAL ARGUMENT here (Most likely I wont read it anyway Tongue )

There are even multi billion $ worth of industries out there (apparel, consumer electronic, automotive, etc) that had their design copied and commercialized by another without any legal battle, because there are limits of what any entity could submit for copyright. A similarity and / or relatability CAN'T BE COPYRIGHTED

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: UTK87Qx.png]

http://i.imgur.com/rwc2MFh.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/BZico18.png
05-15-2017, 07:24 PM
Not going to elaborate a lot. Just 1 thing. We are only talking about copyright. I don't know to what extend trademarks are playing their parts too. Those are less strict in terms of general design ideas. On the other hand in trademark also exists the concept of fair use. So that's that.

05-15-2017, 10:33 PM
Ask Aloshka. He's a lawyer.

[Image: 5ca921949fa42671a19ee24975a921d9.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2017, 10:43 PM
If he is specialized in copyright, trademark and right of publicity please provide us with free legal advice Big Grin.
I can even pay one whole dollar.

05-15-2017, 11:06 PM
They could probably get jammed up on stuff like "Ichigo outfit" still since Ichigo is a named character, which is something they could theoretically copyright.

But that's a lot easier to make a simple change to and avoid the law all together.

[Image: UTK87Qx.png]

http://i.imgur.com/rwc2MFh.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/BZico18.png
05-15-2017, 11:17 PM
Tbh, i would almost say the ingame design is too undetailed to be called a copyright infringment. You can't sue someone for a kimono. The way the reaper outfits are drawn by Lut is so generic that only the Ichigo mask is realy recognizable. Change the names and those are just black and white kimonos. Like Yoshi said you can't sue for minor similiarities.
Customs are another thing tho. They seem to be designed and drawn with a lot more detail.

05-15-2017, 11:40 PM
(05-15-2017 11:17 PM)Yurei Wrote:  Tbh, i would almost say the ingame design is too undetailed to be called a copyright infringment. You can't sue someone for a kimono. The way the reaper outfits are drawn by Lut is so generic that only the Ichigo mask is realy recognizable. Change the names and those are just black and white kimonos. Like Yoshi said you can't sue for minor similiarities.
Customs are another thing tho. They seem to be designed and drawn with a lot more detail.

Truthfully, I for myself am not a copyright expert; judging the outfits only, they can't be called a copyright violation, since as Yurei said, they're too less detailed. However, adding the name to them like "Ichigo Outfit", does slightly violate the trademark agreements, since it is copied by a different owner.
Nonetheless, considering the quality of the outfits, they seem legally fair.

[Image: 5ca921949fa42671a19ee24975a921d9.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user