Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
?????
05-16-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: ?????
https://www.aspectlg.com/posts/copyright...-can-i-use

Found this helpful little guide on separating copyright and trademark infringement.

Seems like they are all in the clear on this one. Especially seeing as all in game designs are original artworks, even if they are based off of specific characters, they're still stock character design.

But that still wouldn't stop a bigger company from suing just because. Even if they know they will lose, they will spend the 10,000 or so dollars to sue, knowing even if they lose, they could still bankrupt the small company and technically win in the end anyway.

[Image: UTK87Qx.png]

http://i.imgur.com/rwc2MFh.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/BZico18.png
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2017, 03:34 PM
Weell. It's annoying and pointless. But true. Lol

[Image: 5ca921949fa42671a19ee24975a921d9.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-16-2017, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2017 04:34 PM by Yurei.)
Doesn't have the loser of the lawsuit to pay it all?
Or the one sueing not the one getting sued?
And then it depends on the lawyer or public defender if Lut is poor. Well i don't mean poor poor but like not having that much money poor.

[Image: saskiayureiup76f9gtxa.png]
05-16-2017, 10:57 PM
Sorry Yurei, i forgot you're German and not familiar with the American legal system.

Usually what happens is that these long legal battles go through a lot of delegation. Since there are so many cases in court. You can usually do a lot of work to stretch them out. Meetings with legal teams, and attempts to settle on the matter.

Just a normal civil case can take over a year to make it to the courts. So these business cases can take years to go through. Imagine having to pay a lawyer (or team of lawyers) once every 4-6 months for a full day to delegate. That alone is generally enough to bankrupt a small company. In addition to the CEO taking time from their schedule.

And that's not even if things DO make it to court. Once they make it to court, it's a whole host of other legal fees.

But, you are correct. If it was taken to court, whoever loses the case is generally expected to pay for all legal fees involved.

But sometimes, that can turn into it's own lawsuit all together. (With all the happy fees that go along!)

hahahahahahahahamericaisbrokenhahaha

[Image: UTK87Qx.png]

http://i.imgur.com/rwc2MFh.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/BZico18.png
05-16-2017, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2017 11:22 PM by Yurei.)
That sux ._.
I should take anglo american law next semester. Could be usefull to know.

[Image: saskiayureiup76f9gtxa.png]
05-17-2017, 01:56 AM
[Image: nino-brown-court-i-be-like-its-the-ameri...6659419148]
[Image: 1hpouq.jpg?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C8539856337]
05-17-2017, 10:11 PM
Lol. Seems pretty much the same as in my place.
And obviously, Bleach owner fortune vs Explosive Barrel fortune is uhmm....
Well anyway. No one is suing anyone (at least yet) so I suppose it's pointless to debate.
And I'm definitely going to go through some law textbooks. Lel

05-19-2017, 02:35 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2017 02:38 AM by Azgodeth.)
these arnt clothing designs. they are the clothing off of well established character designs. in alot of television (especially animated) the clothing is all that makes the character recognizable. besides, zanpakto's are an invention of the people who created bleach, and your clothing argument would fail there as well.
just redrawing the character is not good enough to avoid this law. (if it was, there would be no point to the law)

the simple fact that they are profiting from someone else's ideas without even trying to alter them so that they differ in any way is pretty blatant. no court in my country would throw this one out.

i think they just got lucky so far, and the people they are ripping off dont care too much. try adding an orange tie-fighter jumpsuit to the game, and i bet good money disney chimes in before the end of the month.
05-19-2017, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2017 03:54 AM by MasaruKanji.)
[Image: 1pa9kd.jpg]

No longer active Kanji

[Image: giphy.gif]

Check out my personnal website. RyuKanji loved it.

Serial pranker and rickroller since 2013
05-19-2017, 02:33 PM
That meme is so accurate that i might die.