Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
safe
06-04-2017, 08:04 AM
safe
i actually thought of something crazy after observing angelmc's post recently. a safe to keep your items. this could work like bank but with more expensive gold to expand the space. "but what's different?" a password to open the safe. this would ensure your items' safety when you lend it to someone. or if this too crazy, then maybe adding a password to your bank would work better?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2017, 09:41 AM
RE: safe
I don't understand how this would work...

You have to enter a password now to get your items...

But the only way for someone else to access your items is if you trade that person and give them the items. Or give them the password to your account. If you give them your account password, you have to assume all your items are at risk.

Sooo... it just sounds like extra hassle with no extra safety to me.

[Image: UTK87Qx.png]

http://i.imgur.com/rwc2MFh.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/BZico18.png
06-04-2017, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2017 06:44 PM by Yurei.)
I mean in angel's case the solution would have been pretty easy. Don't trade your items in exchange for a 'surprise' item. So the problem is trusting other people, not storing the items i would say.
As far as i understand angel traded the items he did not give frigus his acc info . I could be wrong tho. But even if someone gives another player his whole acc and even if the bank had a password there would be 2 problems. First, the items you are wearing and in your character inventory. Second, the scammer could just change the password and name for your acc, then take his time to either crack your bank password or hold the acc for ransom untill you tell him the password. That's all assuming the scammer isn't just after your acc itself (the leveled character, name, gold etc.) because in that case he doesn't need your bank.
BUT i see some use of it. It would be usefull for those cases when you didn't wear your best gear on your character and your inventory is empty. If you have luck and the scammer is only after loot but can't crack the pass he might give up. In this case the password could be usefull. For the scammer who doesn't want to inflict great harm. Also we have all the head ups ingame to never give our acc to anyone because anything happening after that is our fault and the devs won't do anything. But imagine a real hacking case where no one is at fault. I should have at least the bank password as a last defensiv line. Althouth, i don't know how much of a challenge this would pose for a hacker when he also was able to hack your acc in the first place...

[Image: saskiayureiup76f9gtxa.png]
06-05-2017, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 12:36 AM by mitsuyoshi.)
this could work if anyone for example would lend his acc to someone to be leveled, but he's scared of scamming so he could put them in this..thing and put a pass or at least an identity test to access the..thing. so if one were to hack, he would only get the acc but unable to access the items within the safe. think about it...

and hey, they might get more fund from this small addition.
06-05-2017, 11:07 PM
No. Not at all.

You can prevent that easily by simply not offering your account for anyone else to mess with.

You give out your password, you are held accountable for anything that happens. End of story.

The amount of work it would require to add in the addition (not to mention the imbalance it would cause in the banking system) would far outweigh any money they might gain.

And in fact, they would probably lose money. Less people would buy gold for raccoons or other things if they can hand off the accounts to other people to do the dirty work.

In fact, it seems like it would create an economy that wouldn't include the game making money. Such as "Hey, give me your account and i will level it to 80, you just pay me 10 dollars or so..."

[Image: UTK87Qx.png]

http://i.imgur.com/rwc2MFh.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/BZico18.png