Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question for Philipine players
07-08-2017, 03:23 AM
Question for Philipine players
Got question about blade for Phinoy players.
Is there any custom blade maker there? Huh I've got an associate of mine who need made-to-order utility blade, and I recommended him for local made custom blade because importing any custom made from Formerly Great USA gonna be expensive and unlikely to fare well within local environment.

Thanks beforehand Smile

"If you're going to be thinking anyway, you might as well Think Big"
Donald J. Trump with Tony Schwartz, Trump: The Art of the Deal (1987)
[Image: l46CxgqWsvTM8jb6U.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2017, 06:42 PM
RE: Question for Philipine players
(07-08-2017 03:23 AM)Yoshinobu Wrote:  Got question about blade for Phinoy players.
Is there any custom blade maker there? Huh I've got an associate of mine who need made-to-order utility blade, and I recommended him for local made custom blade because importing any custom made from Formerly Great USA gonna be expensive and unlikely to fare well within local environment.

Thanks beforehand Smile

Depending on where he/she is in the country. There are a lot of blade smiths around Batangas and some in nearby provinces like Laguna. The quality ranges from totally crap to really good. Price range are also just as varied.
09-01-2017, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 10:34 PM by Yoshinobu.)
(08-23-2017 06:42 PM)Veritatem Wrote:  Depending on where he/she is in the country. There are a lot of blade smiths around Batangas and some in nearby provinces like Laguna. The quality ranges from totally crap to really good. Price range are also just as varied.

Thanks for responding my inquiry Smile
This associate of mine live on Manila City but he also setup somewhere around Mingan Mountain (more like a hill then actual mountain though)

Do you know any good bladesmith around those part? Huh Could you send me the contact info of that good bladesmith you know of? Huh

Thanks beforehand Smile

09-10-2017, 05:04 AM
(07-08-2017 03:23 AM)Yoshinobu Wrote:  Got question about blade for Phinoy players.

Thanks beforehand Smile
If I didn't know better i'd have thought this was a bot question.

Just your friendly neighborhood Dayman.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-14-2017, 05:05 AM
What kind of blade is it?

(@Thyla it's my 666 post !)

No longer active Kanji

[Image: giphy.gif]

Check out my personnal website. RyuKanji loved it.

Serial pranker and rickroller since 2013
09-18-2017, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2017 10:59 PM by Yoshinobu.)
(09-14-2017 05:05 AM)MasaruKanji Wrote:  What kind of blade is it?

It's just a utility jungle machete, but need to be made from well made (proper heat tampering) 5160 Spring Steel.

The problem is, this friend of mine (who is a Murica) doesn't have the slightest clue on using typical South East Asia curvy utility blade, and so far industrial made machete usually (and stupidly) were mostly made from High Carbon Steel Dodgy So I recommended him to get custom made from 5160 Spring Steel (good balance between corrosion resistance, toughness, and hardness)

09-23-2017, 02:47 AM
For what use is it? Jungle exploring? Or a daily use about cutting stuff?

No longer active Kanji

[Image: giphy.gif]

Check out my personnal website. RyuKanji loved it.

Serial pranker and rickroller since 2013
09-23-2017, 08:55 AM
Self defense lol

Currently recruiting for Kamikaze
The tengu of the Kamikaze sees everything
11-03-2017, 03:08 AM
Haha! Couldn't help but notice. . Sabres, machetes and kali knives are pretty common sight here in Zamboanga City too, Mindanao Region(Philippines). Especially in the mountains, where children are required to carry one on their sashes to harvest coconuts.

[Image: UWZcHvw.png]
11-07-2017, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 02:24 PM by Yoshinobu.)
(11-03-2017 03:08 AM)Orochi Wrote:  Sabres, machetes and kali knives are pretty common sight here in Zamboanga City too, Mindanao Region(Philippines). Especially in the mountains, where children are required to carry one on their sashes to harvest coconuts.

The question is, where to find a good bladesmith there to make custom machetes from 5160 spring steel with proper heat treatment (it's about quality)

I could easily order well made custom blade here (we do have centuries worth of experience & culture in blade making out of space rock), but sending / shipping it to this associate of mine at Manila City would cost more then the cost of making the blade in the first place.