Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hopefully a sorta revived outfit contest?
07-23-2017, 11:44 AM
Hopefully a sorta revived outfit contest?
I GOTS AN IDEA~!!!!
IT CAN HELP ADD SOME FLAVOR TO DAH GAME AND HELP SUPPORT THE DEVS!!!
Okay okay, here's what's gonna happen.
Everyone pool in some money so we get 100 USD.
We have a little mini outfit design contest, only one design will become an actual outfit that will be available for purchase in the NS.
The person who wins the contest gets a redeem code for the outfit.
YAY OR NAY?

[Image: tumblr_o80b08GtQY1uvrnsxo1_500.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2017, 11:52 AM
RE: Hopefully a sorta revived outfit contest?
(07-23-2017 11:44 AM)Unspokenly Wrote:  I GOTS AN IDEA~!!!!
IT CAN HELP ADD SOME FLAVOR TO DAH GAME AND HELP SUPPORT THE DEVS!!!
Okay okay, here's what's gonna happen.
Everyone pool in some money so we get 100 USD.
We have a little mini outfit design contest, only one design will become an actual outfit that will be available for purchase in the NS.
The person who wins the contest gets a redeem code for the outfit.
YAY OR NAY?

Sounds good to me, and i could contribute maybe 10 dollars to it, if we get enough people involved to reach the goal.

But i don't know if it will do a lot of revival, honestly. The last outfit contest was major and the impact was fairly minimal, especially long term.

Not to say it isn't a great community funding idea, it's an awesome idea. Just don't know the level of impact we can expect from just 100 bucks.

[Image: UTK87Qx.png]

http://i.imgur.com/rwc2MFh.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/BZico18.png
07-23-2017, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2017 12:33 PM by Unspokenly.)
100 more USD that does into developing, it might be small but it's something. It'll spur up some fun fun times for everyone.

07-24-2017, 12:38 AM
Yup, that's definitely true.

just keep in mind, 100 dollars into development, but then however much time it takes away from development to actually create the outfit. So it's a bit of a trade off.

But community sponsored events are the backbone of the game and it is a wonderful idea. i'm not trying to get you down or say your idea is bad. I really love it honestly.

I just don't want you to be in the same position i was, where you think you can save the game with events, then it doesn't happen right away and you get discouraged. I have some experience, so i'm letting you know it is a very tough process. But i support you 100% and i am still in for a little cash if we can get some other big donors behind us.

Maybe we can start with the people who already own customs. Tendril, Naru, Chronos, Momo. WE're gonna need about 9 more people to each put in 10 bucks for the contest.

[Image: UTK87Qx.png]

http://i.imgur.com/rwc2MFh.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/BZico18.png
07-24-2017, 02:50 AM
(07-24-2017 12:38 AM)Thylakaleo Wrote:  Yup, that's definitely true.

just keep in mind, 100 dollars into development, but then however much time it takes away from development to actually create the outfit. So it's a bit of a trade off.

But community sponsored events are the backbone of the game and it is a wonderful idea. i'm not trying to get you down or say your idea is bad. I really love it honestly.

I just don't want you to be in the same position i was, where you think you can save the game with events, then it doesn't happen right away and you get discouraged. I have some experience, so i'm letting you know it is a very tough process. But i support you 100% and i am still in for a little cash if we can get some other big donors behind us.

Maybe we can start with the people who already own customs. Tendril, Naru, Chronos, Momo. WE're gonna need about 9 more people to each put in 10 bucks for the contest.
Making customs does indeed take away from development tiem.I won't pitch in not that I could anyways Sad good idea though.

Just your friendly neighborhood Dayman.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-24-2017, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2017 02:55 AM by Azgodeth.)
the last outfit contest was a big hit, but the impact was minimal because it took them 4 months per outfit to release all the winners. well over a year later and we just got the last one recently.

also: in the past, the people working on the customs were not the same people who worked on other features. it was mostly the artists doing, and the programers didnt need to be involved. so ordering customs shouldent interfere with the rest of the work, provided they are still well staffed, and its not just one guy doing all this in his spare time like i suspect.. XD
07-24-2017, 06:06 AM
Just asking, do we collect 100$ so that the winner gets his outfit or that the outfit gets put in NS?
Since 100$ aren't much for development costs why don't we just ask Lut to let us organize a free outfit contest?

[Image: saskiayureiup76f9gtxa.png]
07-24-2017, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2017 12:06 PM by Unspokenly.)
Oh no no don't worrry Leo, I understand what you're trying to say. Thank you for your concern but, I just wanna try to get some more fun fun for everyone even if it's for a short time; us noobies like me never had a chance to check this event out. It might even bring some old faces back up Big Grin
It's gonna be an outfit in the NS but the winner, as a prize for doing such snazzy work, get's a outfit box of it Big Grin

07-24-2017, 09:26 PM
As long as I can take part good idea.

Wind shapes Earth. It controls Water to destroy Fire.