Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Backhanding.
10-14-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: Backhanding.
shame the manga hasn't been completed and probably too late to make the comic to get more income.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2017, 11:59 PM
Better late than never Wink

*Meow*...
[Image: CxBPIDZ.gif]
10-15-2017, 04:13 AM
At this point wouldn't it be just fantastic if some manga/light novel publisher would take the Straw Hat Samurai setting and write its own stories and spin offs and character arcs? They would also have connections to artists and writers. Lut's story writer would have a say but for anything else Lut wouldn't have to move a single finger. Advertisement and distribution would be handled by the publisher and Lut would get a percentage of the profit, nothing much since the main work wouldn't be done by him.

The game would be advertised by the publisher. So Lut gets money for the SHS rights on the one side and he gets money from new players who liked the manga/whatever on the other side. On the other hand people who play the game because of the manga/whatever would get more invested in this series because of the gameplay they experience and are willing to buy more manga/whatever because they feel strongly connected trought the game.

If the story/setting is a flop there would be minimal risk for Lut. So the only problem would be that any kind of content of this sort isn't popular in the first place. I don't know how good it would sell internationaly and especialy in japan tho. And the game would need a japanese localization.
But just imagine a successfull franchise ;__;
What i would pay for a SHSD anime with real players as side/main protagonists... ._.

[Image: saskiayureiup76f9gtxa.png]
10-15-2017, 04:16 AM
(10-15-2017 04:13 AM)Yurei Wrote:  At this point wouldn't it be just fantastic if some manga/light novel publisher would take the Straw Hat Samurai setting and write its own stories and spin offs and character arcs? They would also have connections to artists and writers. Lut's story writer would have a say but for anything else Lut wouldn't have to move a single finger. Advertisement and distribution would be handled by the publisher and Lut would get a percentage of the profit, nothing much since the main work wouldn't be done by him.

The game would be advertised by the publisher. So Lut gets money for the SHS rights on the one side and he gets money from new players who liked the manga/whatever on the other side. On the other hand people who play the game because of the manga/whatever would get more invested in this series because of the gameplay they experience and are willing to buy more manga/whatever because they feel strongly connected trought the game.

If the story/setting is a flop there would be minimal risk for Lut. So the only problem would be that any kind of content of this sort isn't popular in the first place. I don't know how good it would sell internationaly and especialy in japan tho. And the game would need a japanese localization.
What i would pay for a SHSD anime with real players as side/main protagonists... ._.
Im writing a manga in my spare time but its based mostly on the players. Sone clans are based on game clans like the 9tailed fox is mura etc.

Currently recruiting for Kamikaze
The tengu of the Kamikaze sees everything
10-15-2017, 04:25 AM
(10-15-2017 04:13 AM)Yurei Wrote:  At this point wouldn't it be just fantastic if some manga/light novel publisher would take the Straw Hat Samurai setting and write its own stories and spin offs and character arcs? They would also have connections to artists and writers. Lut's story writer would have a say but for anything else Lut wouldn't have to move a single finger. Advertisement and distribution would be handled by the publisher and Lut would get a percentage of the profit, nothing much since the main work wouldn't be done by him.

Me will donate too if this happens ;___;

*Meow*...
[Image: CxBPIDZ.gif]
10-15-2017, 01:48 PM
Wouldn't it take a lot of money? I once heard making an episode took about a million dollars. A mere donation would help but not that effective. Though, if this game does become famous, then making an anime wouldn't be a problem.
10-15-2017, 06:58 PM
i can understand a game being made after an anime but an anime after a game ive never heard of

Wind shapes Earth. It controls Water to destroy Fire.
10-15-2017, 08:34 PM
i think there are some but too bad i can't remember them. but i do remember resident evil was made after the game.
10-15-2017, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2017 10:47 PM by Yurei.)
Usualy an anime is made to promote a manga/lighnovel. The costs of an anime are much higher than the costs of mangas. That's why we wouldnt need anime at the beginning. We would generate money through manga/lightnovel. This money could be used for continuation of mangas/lightnovels and to make anime for future manga/lightnovel episodes (should the story/setting be popular).
So the anime would follow after several mangas/lightnovels and with the help of the game.

[Image: saskiayureiup76f9gtxa.png]
10-15-2017, 10:47 PM
Ah, I get it. Would be great tho... I have a feeling this isn't happening in the near future... but in the famous ''soon''...

Wind shapes Earth. It controls Water to destroy Fire.