Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Old and New wiki
09-21-2015, 02:50 AM
Old and New wiki
idk what u think about new wiki but i dont like that at all, i prefer older one. i know that it was a huge treat about that but that time i wasnot in forums. in new wikia there is too little information about clans, about players and about anything. just 21 page is created from the day of creating that and nothing had added + old one was easyer to understand. i know that in old wiki was porblem of true information so why dont let that be controled by few men not all. if anyone want to add some info or to be wiki guide ask fb admin and he will gave u an ability of uploadnig info. then these men "guides" can accept uploading different persons profile pages and thats all. coz if u will open old wiki u can understand more about the game then from new one i though. sorry for asking to return old wiki.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2015, 04:26 AM
RE: Old and New wiki
Well, a few things on that. People did not like the old wiki, because the point of the wiki was to explain the game. Not necessarily add flavor to it, and the old wiki was pretty much all player fanfiction about the game, which doesnt really help people understand the game, just the players.

The old one had a bit more intuitive of a set-up, but with all the bugs and issues, it is easier just to copy pages over to the new one.

We also need to give everyone the option to edit the wiki. Waiting on an admin will just put more pressure on their job, and delay game updates further. With a few trusted soldiers to moderate and work after the wiki (there are some guys who really care about it deeply) we can keep it clean an nice.

Just make sure to thank Yamakiri and Ashura every so often.

[Image: UTK87Qx.png]

http://i.imgur.com/rwc2MFh.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/BZico18.png
09-21-2015, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2015 08:51 AM by Yamakiri Yonjūrō.)
So here's what happened: the old wiki went kaput. it broke. The reason why a lot of the stuff from the old wiki isn't on there is for two reasons; one, we're still in the process of moving stuff, and 2 because we're revamping the wiki to be more useful and less full of fanfiction.

I'm currently overseeing the process of making the wiki better and more comprehensive. If there's anything specific you want from the old wiki, please, tell me and I can probably make it happen. I don't have the permissions to do much more than transclude things manually, but a lot of the stuff has already been moved over (thank you Kageyoshi, Masaru, and Ryu for the help and support on that). This includes all the files from the old wiki (so far) meaning that I haven't even had to reupload the old files in order to transclude pages.

[Image: 2z9bm1t.jpg]
09-22-2015, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 02:46 AM by bagdavadze_san.)
well thanks for explain, but in wikia shouldnot it better to make more information about clans? there is ki sensu clan page only(from clans), and make a war room negotiations and activities page for allo of member to know what is happening in war room. and should i add some info too as a player. here is some info about bl http://www.strawhatsamuraiduels.com/wiki...lood_Lotus , if u want i can add by my self. that should be good if there will be added players info too, but as im sure that 70% will be write tales about their man, why not to change players info page into "tales about players" or something like that. or to readd wiki with wikia(both to be aviable for players to see them).
like: play game l manga l facebook page l duels TV l forums l wiki l wikia
wikia for explain game
wiki page for players to see profiles of friends and new relationship( it would be like fb, but the matter is that it will be only for game members. + everyone could create thir own page coz not everyone have fb page. can we do that?
09-22-2015, 03:09 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 03:14 AM by AshuraTakezo.)
You can add new pages in wikia BUT it should not contain fanfiction stories, you can add fanfiction in the old wiki, you have to add official information only in wikia. As for the old wiki, as my dear "friend" Yamakiri mentioned, is in process of revamping and possibly, it might even get an official wiki with no useless fanfiction(old player pages, player pages and the clan pages will probably kept, though there will not be a 1 player=5 wiki pages, if you want to change the name of your displayed name you can use this link [[name|new name]] the name after the vertical line will be displayed in notable players section or another place where your name is displayed like I use [[Ashura|Ashura Takezo]] though you can only see "Ashura Takezo" if you don't click edit.

[Image: 5ca921949fa42671a19ee24975a921d9.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-22-2015, 03:27 AM
I really don't get how that fanfiction interfered seeing as it was in the bottom of the page(way below the actual player guide). And i don't understand what kind of a person would actually believe someone's character was a child at some point,had a family that was killed,character met dragons etc.
As for the player guide,more specifically war room guide,all you did was reformulate in-game war room instructions. If you want to help players who didn't understand war room rules and basically either don't speak the language or are intellectually disabled(most likely both) add pictures.
And add a leveling guide.

The Supreme verlord Of The PvP
09-22-2015, 03:37 AM
(09-22-2015 03:27 AM)byakuya11 Wrote:  I really don't get how that fanfiction interfered seeing as it was in the bottom of the page(way below the actual player guide). And i don't understand what kind of a person would actually believe someone's character was a child at some point,had a family that was killed,character met dragons etc.
As for the player guide,more specifically war room guide,all you did was reformulate in-game war room instructions. If you want to help players who didn't understand war room rules and basically either don't speak the language or are intellectually disabled(most likely both) add pictures.
And add a leveling guide.

Well, it wasn't that people believed it, it was just that there were a lot of pages to choose from and click through that didnt actually do anything for the game, just the flavor. These pages werent really out of the way at all. They were most of the sub-categories from the links on the main page. So, there were lots of links to choose from, that could make it very confusing to find the proper guide.

We have some guides on here, and a retooling/rewording of the war room help is all we really needed. War room help is fairly straightforward, so, a slight simplification would make it a little more easier to understand, which is what happened.

I wouldn't say at all that "all he did was X" because, that seems to demean the help that they have given everyone. I have written a few guides, that Yama and Ashura and anyone else are free to put on the wiki. (I would do it myself, but i'm terrible with that kind of thing.)

So, i think as opposed to telling them what more work they need to put in, we should be as grateful as we can for what they have done. If you want to write a guide, feel free. We can make a thread, and everyone can bounce ideas there, for the final form to be put onto the wiki in a guides sections.

Bear in mind all they are trying to do is get the wiki to a sensible, working form. Then we can focus on adding the actual content. These guys are awesome wiki programmers. They don't have the shoulder the burden of fixing, aligning, and correcting the content, as well as writing it all themselves.

09-22-2015, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 04:13 AM by byakuya11.)
Quote:These pages werent really out of the way at all. They were most of the sub-categories from the links on the main page. So, there were lots of links to choose from, that could make it very confusing to find the proper guide.

Not the majority and if you came to find about how to do quests you look for a link with that name and don't click on words without meaning like they're written in another language(e.g. names). And those stories were clearly divided by titles. I'm not saying it was perfect,but if it was such a mess(not talking about crashing) why not just add a message in red letter "This is not official information and might not be true" or something like that.

I'm not bashing on their skills or anything,just talking about content. And with these new players you need to do step-by-step instructions with pictures and big red circles around thing they should click. People ask how to turn on auto-slash,most of them don't even know about dueling screen,reach lvl 12 and haven't opened what could be opened in the hud.

And before you ask why i don't help or something: i don't care about them and i just want to have a clean chat window.

09-22-2015, 04:34 AM
Well, if that's your only reason for it, i have some bad news, and we're never going to get rid of those people. No matter how plainly you lay it out, or how simply you explain it, you'll still have people who just don't understand and don't get it.

They're still going to be in your chat window with that mess. And, if they're the type of people who need things spelled out that plainly, they're usually the type of people with a lot of other annoying habits as well. So your best bet is going to be to ignore them.

And, from looking at it, this new wiki layout seems to have all of the exact pages and informations that the old one had, underneath of the new layout. Which, not being buried under main categories, seems to help me particularly find what i am looking for a bit easier than i could on the old one.

That's just my opinion, but i think the wiki is looking good, and in all fairness, we can't really give too many suggestions until the wiki is actually finished. Who knows what will happen with it before then?

09-22-2015, 04:51 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 04:55 AM by byakuya11.)
Quote:Well, if that's your only reason for it, i have some bad news, and we're never going to get rid of those people.
But i can send them the link.

I don't mind the layout and i understand they do all that formatting and stuff. But there was no need for a completely new wiki(i don't know when bots appeared,though). And i just wrote about content which could've been added already(on wikia) without many problems.