Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Current Alliances/relations.
11-11-2015, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 10:06 AM by Thylakaleo.)
Current Alliances/relations.
As far as i can tell, At the current moment when i'm posting this, no clans have any real hostility between them. Definitely no one is currently at war.

I just want to put the Alliances together so we can be sure we know who is officially allied with who.

Aka Ryu is not currently formally allied with any clans, and at peace with all clans.

Aoi Hoiru is currently Affiliated with Blood Lotus, Allied with Ki Sensu, are upholding a defensive pact with Murakami Sohei, and at peace with all other clans.

Midori Ken is currently Allied with Shi No Sasori, and at peace with all other clans.

Ki Sensu is currently allied with Aoi Hoiru, and at peace with all clans.

Honoshihai is not currently formally allied with any clan, and at peace with all clans.

Murakamei Sohei seems to be very close to 40 territories, so we'll add them in soon as well. Under a defensive pact with Aoi Hoiru.

If any of this is wrong, correct it for me please and i'll fix it.

[Image: UTK87Qx.png]

http://i.imgur.com/rwc2MFh.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/BZico18.png
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2015, 09:24 AM
RE: Current Alliances/relations.
We of Aoi would like to point out that Blood Lotus is our affiliate, we are allied with Ki Sensu, and we have a defensive pact with Murakami Sohei as per the provisions in the charter granting them the territories to build their kingdom upon.

We are at peace with everyone else and look to maintain this peaceful status for the foreseeable future.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2015, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 10:55 PM by Killrog.)
The shade between defensive pact, affiliation and alliance eludes me. Rest assured that I fully realize the difference in real life, but in this game, there's no shade aside maybe from distinguishing who has attacked who first. But basically, to me, Aoi is allied with Ki Sensu, Blood Lotus and Murakami, except if Murakami attacks first. Those terms needlessly overcomplicates the game for newcomers, even though from a RPer point of view I concede they add a nice flavor.

Nonetheless, you forgot Uroboros, Kin Tomoe (yes there are still members, at least one), Koizumi, "clanthatchangescrestallthetimeandmustbedrivingYamakirinuts" and Shiro Hikari. Most don't have any territory, true, but they exist and have somewhat diplomatic relationships with other clans. For instance I know Ki Sensu protects "clanthatchangescrestallthetimeandmustbedrivingYamakirinuts", and does more than simply defending them actually.

EDIT: I'd like to add that alliance sounds better than affiliation, because affiliation implies a hierarchical ladder between the protector and the protected, simply said, one is inferior to the other, no matter how hard the respective leaders pretend they're "equals". At least with an alliance, even if one clan is way stronger than the other, the relationship is fair and square from the start.
11-12-2015, 12:12 AM
It seems like that is the case more or less with the relationship between BL and AOI. AOI is giving BL lands so they can prosper, and defending them to see them grow, So BL is basically a branch of AOI.

All other clans i have forgone from the list, seeing as they are under 5 members and have little to no territory. Blood Lotus is also not on the official list, just mentioned in AOI's partnerships. Once they reach a certain size and influence over the game, we can add them in.

11-12-2015, 12:15 AM
That's a consistent reasoning, very well Leo, let's do it like that then.
11-12-2015, 12:21 AM
I guess i should also mention in just for kicks that i have my own clan.

It's called Aka Leo, and very obviously an offshoot of Aka Ryu. I still lead Aka Ryu, and technically also lead Aka Leo, but for the time being, Aka Leo is on hold so i can effectively lead Aka Ryu.

11-12-2015, 01:34 AM
IMHO I believe "clanthatchangescrestallthetimeandmustbedrivingYamakirinuts" name should be made official lol

"If you're going to be thinking anyway, you might as well Think Big"
Donald J. Trump with Tony Schwartz, Trump: The Art of the Deal (1987)
[Image: l46CxgqWsvTM8jb6U.gif]
11-12-2015, 01:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2015 01:52 AM by aloshka.)
(11-11-2015 06:51 PM)Killrog Wrote:  The shade between defensive pact, affiliation and alliance eludes me. Rest assured that I fully realize the difference in real life, but in this game, there's no shade aside maybe from distinguishing who has attacked who first. But basically, to me, Aoi is allied with Ki Sensu, Blood Lotus and Murakami, except if Murakami attacks first. Those terms needlessly overcomplicates the game for newcomers, even though from a RPer point of view I concede they add a nice flavor.
Maybe it was our mistake, but I must admit, that when these clans were making treaties, unfortunately Killrog's feelings and awareness wasn't taken into the account.

Quote:EDIT: I'd like to add that alliance sounds better than affiliation, because affiliation implies a hierarchical ladder between the protector and the protected, simply said, one is inferior to the other, no matter how hard the respective leaders pretend they're "equals". At least with an alliance, even if one clan is way stronger than the other, the relationship is fair and square from the start.
Worry not.

https://sites.google.com/site/honoshihai/
11-12-2015, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2015 03:54 AM by Killrog.)
Are you practicing to be such a jerk or does that come naturally to you?

Your judgemental attitude is grandly misplaced my boy, you came to Tameshi all full of yourself quoting resentment on your part for attacking BL, which I find hilarious because the all generous Aloshka was the one who nearly exterminated them and actually exterminated Kin Tomoe, another clan you were "protecting".

Yup, feels good being watched by you. Again, you're just showing off, while you're not even leading anymore, let the adults talk and go nag someone else.

As for the terminology, at least I know what the words mean, and I'm not taking other people for fools by calling an offshoot clan I control "equals".
11-12-2015, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2015 05:49 AM by aloshka.)
We are not quarelling. It's Killrog who tries to quarell with me, while I'm trying to politely explain him, that Aoi, Blood Lotus and Murakami Sohei are free to conclude deals whether they like and to call them whether they like. You Killrog, can of course evaluate whether you like, call them whether you like, but you're not allowed to enforce your notions on us and our treaties.

Yes, we didn't find as appropriate to inform you about details of Aoi and Blood Lotus deal. Nevertheless we publicly announced the type of treaty that we signed.

I've never protected and I've never claimed to protect Kin Tomoe. Aoi was attacked by Kin under my reign, probably they were in alliance with Aka or tried to squeeze the opportunity of collapsing Aoi. Though they miscalculated things and later there was no one to talk with us about cease fire (even if we wanted to call one).

https://sites.google.com/site/honoshihai/