Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Let's bring in some MOOLAH! [Game monetization/Income ideas]
04-26-2016, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2016 02:43 AM by Tao Oat.)
Let's bring in some MOOLAH! [Game monetization/Income ideas]
Money! Big Grin

No reason to work around this: In order for this game to grow, we need to get people to give the game makers money. They cannot work off air and happiness as fuel sources. (On that note: Future me, find way to live on happiness)

Problem is, the only thing to save up gold for are stat-boosted ninja shop items and bank spaces.

We absolutely must find ways to increase revenue for the game makers. I don't want this game to be forever stuck in a "no-go" position when we could rule the gaming world be the latest greatest online game!
I'm in no position to aid financially, unfortunately, so I shall do what I can to help!

Ideas to bring in funds: (I'm going get yelled at.)

Ads to Potato: Ninja Shop of visions
Weirdo in town\ninja shop asks you to watch something for him, assuring you it's not propaganda and you won't be mind controlled. He pulls up a video, you learn about the newest web game sensation, he gives you a reward for your time (Possibly a rare potato).

Reasoning: From what I understand, Ad rev's the quickest way to get money flowing in pretty much every game ever. Set it aside as a completely optional bonus, limit it to 2-3 times a day, throw in a rare item, and I bet we could bring in a extra couple bucks.

Golden PVP Dojo: Test out the latest swag!
Room in Dojo that requires a gold payment, possibly a subscription, to enter. Get a pass for a day/week, ninja let's you in. You're auto-loaded with skills and equipment that need to be tested, and are not avalable outside of this room. Bandits/new enemies spawn. Proceed to beat up everything inside.

Reasoning: I'm willing to bet there are people who'll want to try something out before anyone else. Gives a whole "I, already BEAT, this boss a week ago" bragging right to the air. Maybe you could get a statless pin/mask for winning, more bragging rights

Selfie Booth: Check out my Swag Samurai!
Samurai poser. Click on buttons, choose from set positions. Epic battle scenes between opposing clans, you running from red oni with the doll, anything we can think of to make people go: "Look what I just did!"
Include a "post to social media" quick click if possible.

Reasoning: Quick taste of what the game's like is usually good for drawing in new players. More players, more chances one will dontate to the game. The easier we make it to share the game, the more people will share it.

Gooolldd Salllleeeee!
Gold goes on sale once in a while, 10-30% depending on how much you buy.

Reasoning:.... Well.... Sales. People spend money when sales occur. It'll loosen up a few wallets. Big Grin
(Wait, I think they do this already. o.o; )

Chikako Item Hunters: Let the NINJAS do the hunting!
I forgot about this.

Basically, The ninjas will hunt an item with a stat you want, and bring you a list of there locations in the surrounding area (E.G, find "Piercing"). They won't BRING it to you, though. You have to go get it.
She charges extra for Masks and Glove locations, but will not charge you if she can't find anything ("Ninja Customer Satisfaction", or... somethin'....)

Reasoning: See post. I'm concerned this will become "pay to win", but if the items still have to spawn in a location, then the only benefit gained is time saved merchant-hopping.

byakuya11: Monster Bounty: Quest for a Custom item

byakuya11 Wrote:1st place would get you a custom item+gold, 2nd a single custom item and 3rd just gold. Entry fees should add up to about 100$ but should be paid with gold so that it's not pay to participate albeit expensive.

Devs could advertise the quest on their fb page like "This month's bounty prize is this beautiful Black Flame sword.You think you're up to the task?"

Players search all over the map for monsters, gathering clues(maybe NPCs say some stuff)and tracking the monster.
Put up bounty's on high level NPCs and similar.

Maybe even do a full set but give only one item per bounty. This would motivate players even more and drive trading.

(TOTALLY swiped that, and modified from byakuya11's posts below. Big Grin)

Ninja financing: Sliver, that suits YOUR needs!

Simple idea, the amount of money in the ninja shop scale with your level, starting at 100 at level 1, and going up to 1,000 at level 80.

Reasoning: 200 coins is plenty for low level items, but it's not even half the reward of a level 80 quest. By scaling the exchange rate, the coinage will can be relevant to your level, and a full 10,000 wallet can be yours for 10 Gold. It'd be a good use for the spare 1-2 gold you have laying around.

I will do my best to add more ideas later. Please tell me what you think of the ideas I have thus far, and how you would improve/destroy them. Big Grin

[Image: Shopicon2.png][Image: Avatars.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2016, 10:08 AM
RE: Let's bring in some MOOLAH! [Game monetization/Income ideas]
I wonder why they haven't used ad revenue yet because i'd delete adblock plus just to watch an ad for shs but no ads on their site or anything why have surveys but no ads?I don't really have any ideas though so i'm just talking to myself I guess.
04-26-2016, 11:30 AM
I can admire what they want to do. They tend to keep the game ad-free and do what they can to bring immersion the least amount possible.

I would definitely use the selfie booth, especially if i could get more than one picture for a single gold. lol.

I think the housing update that will come out is going to generate some gold.

On that note, i'm not sure how the houses will work, but maybe the devs can sell additional custom items/house decorations like they sell custom items that we use. Might be easier to code into the game, and people could buy lots of different ones and show them all off.

[Image: UTK87Qx.png]

http://i.imgur.com/rwc2MFh.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/BZico18.png
04-28-2016, 03:22 AM
Updated with an "They probably do this already" idea and an old thing I found while looking for something else.

Still need more ideas though. x.x;

[Image: Shopicon2.png][Image: Avatars.png]
04-28-2016, 05:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2016 05:08 AM by byakuya11.)
Maybe try Kickstarter?

Custom outfit tournaments. 1st place would get you a custom outfit+gold,2nd a single custom item + gold and 3rd just gold. Entry fees should add up to about 100$ but should be paid with gold so that it's not pay to participate albeit expensive.
On second thought maybe a full outfit is too much. How about a single custom item with a backstory or something.

Devs could advertise the tournament on their fb page like "This month's tournament prize is this beautiful Black Flame sword.You think you're up to the task? Join the tournament!".
Maybe even do a full set but give only one item per tournament. This would motivate players even more and drive trading.

Keep one thing in mind, these tournaments shoudn't be a regular occurence(maybe have it once in two weeks).

The Supreme verlord Of The PvP
04-28-2016, 05:12 AM
I like the idea, but i wouldn't want to base it off tournaments.

Not until we get desynch and walkovers settled.

Otherwise, it might anger and frustrate more people than it pleases.

04-28-2016, 05:27 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2016 05:27 AM by byakuya11.)
(04-28-2016 05:12 AM)Thylakaleo Wrote:  I like the idea, but i wouldn't want to base it off tournaments.

PvE then. Players search all over the map for monsters, gathering clues(maybe NPCs say some stuff)and tracking the monster.

The Supreme verlord Of The PvP
04-28-2016, 05:31 AM
(04-28-2016 05:27 AM)byakuya11 Wrote:  
(04-28-2016 05:12 AM)Thylakaleo Wrote:  I like the idea, but i wouldn't want to base it off tournaments.

PvE then. Players search all over the map for monsters, gathering clues(maybe NPCs say some stuff)and tracking the monster.

That sounds awesome. Maybe even something like the ninja room, that only appears in maybe a handful of squares spread around the map. So if you follow the clues, you can find the area and face the challenge.

First one to get the kill wins.

04-29-2016, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2016 07:22 AM by mitsuyoshi.)
i think i'm gonna add some stuff XD
----
1. couple system : in this feature, all you have to do is click the player name where his/her base info will show up and send him/her a couple request..though you wont be able to send the person you have choosed if she/he already has a couple.

2. bet before fight: so in this feature, when you send someone online a fight request and that person accept it, you both will have to add your bet(in coins of course) though you can just ignore the bet and click a button to start a fight if you like to(your opponent will still be able to add coins to bet and he will have to click the button aswell and you two can start the fight.)
04-29-2016, 09:39 AM
I... don't know if i understand how that would generate revenue. Lol.

The couple thing would be cool for some people. Maybe it would make more people want to do the marriage thing? But there aren't that many people dropping that much on the game i don't think.

The bet before fight seems like something that would need to be able to be toggled in the menu, like recording duels. And if both people have the box checked, there will be a bet place.

But, i feel like someone might say they'll bet one thing, then bet another, so it would probably also need to take you into a trade chat like thing, where you both post items and agree on a bet.

Seems like a lot of coding, but i dont think that much money would be made off of it.