Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Swords with properties: Let's clog your inventory! :D
05-11-2016, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2016 03:53 AM by Tao Oat.)
Swords with properties: Let's clog your inventory! :D
Hey, YOU!

Are you tired, of boring ol' "REGULAR" swords?

Getting sad, of knowing exactly what your getting?

Would you like to be cursed for all generations? GREGORY, NO! WE TALKED ABOUT THIS!

Well, come on down, to the newest suggestion involving pointy objects, the PROPERTIES SUGGESTION!

Now, you may be wondering, "I've been reading this for 5 seconds, and I haven't got the foggest idea what the idea is", and you're right!

The suggestion is: Swords that have a special title, but the title makes it do different things.

Examples:
Bloodthirsty: Low initial damage, but it increases by up to 50%, depending on how low the users health is. (See: Masamune)

Maddening: Sword is much more powerful then normal, but equipping it locks you into auto-slash. You can master this and take control of it, if you use it foooorrrr.... (20 duels? 30? I dunno...)

Life Stealing: Heals 10% of the damage you do to opposition, but takes a percent of your health every strike/second. (The latter one might be tough on lag. :| )

Cursed: Attack/peirce/speed increase, 30-40% decrease in HP, Chi consumption doubled.

Healthy: Increases damage if you have veggies on yo-NO. (awww..)

Drunken: Sake increases damage, but it lowers speed, and Auto-wiggles lines a bit... (Actually, this might be better as a status effect)

Unpredictable: Stats shuffle about every now and then / random buff

Precise: Lower initial attack, but attack/pierce increases with each successful strike. Missing an attack lowers it back to normal.

Now, you might be thinking, "Gee, Tao, these seem like things I want on MY sword! How can I apply it?"

Well, never fear, I shall help yooouuuuu later. Later, the sword stores on fire gotta go.

[Image: Shopicon2.png][Image: Avatars.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2016, 02:52 AM
RE: Swords with properties: Let's clog your inventory! :D
Seems like a pretty awesome thing. Would be cool if you could do town quests to throw different types of enchantments like these onto your swords for fun effects.

Maybe swords that nuke your defense/attack/speed/whatever by a certain percentage, to up another stat by another percentage. (Lose 33% health, gain 25% damage boost)

Maybe these effects could even come with a little glow on the sword and something so you know who is under the effects, and what to expect from them, so you know how to fight them.

[Image: UTK87Qx.png]

http://i.imgur.com/rwc2MFh.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/BZico18.png
05-11-2016, 03:10 AM
Yeah, if you mix it up with Leo, I love the suggestion, obviously, everyone would love if this had a nicer design then the usual ones, but that's just side effects.

So, how about stat transfers?
Maybe if they had a certain glow, the glow can be transfered to another sword to indicate the effect of that sword. Or maybe they should just have a nice design and can't be stat transfered.

Thirdly, maybe this may sound rude or sth, however I suppose they should be obtainable in level what 75+ maybe? (Personally I'd want them obtainable in lvl 80 only) if they were to be too random, well, they'd lose the badass effect they have.

And as for that cursed sword, well maybe it can raise the damage/speed/critical/pierce in the cost of 30%-40% HP and Chi?

What do you think??

[Image: 5ca921949fa42671a19ee24975a921d9.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-13-2016, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2016 05:19 AM by Tao Oat.)
(05-11-2016 02:52 AM)Thylakaleo Wrote:  Seems like a pretty awesome thing. Would be cool if you could do town quests to throw different types of enchantments like these onto your swords for fun effects.

Maybe swords that nuke your defense/attack/speed/whatever by a certain percentage, to up another stat by another percentage. (Lose 33% health, gain 25% damage boost)

Maybe these effects could even come with a little glow on the sword and something so you know who is under the effects, and what to expect from them, so you know how to fight them.

Hmmmm.... "Get me a Brown, moldy Duraim doll, and I'll enchant your sword!"
That might work well! Big Grin

Also, I like the tradeoff, but I'm 98% sure most people are willing to lower speed by 33% to increase overpowered defenses/attack even more, disregarding pretty much any other tradeoff...
I guess excluding speed from lowering would fix it, meaning you HAVE to take a chunk out of something you like.

I think the "Glowey sword" is better for potato buffs. Tongue

(05-11-2016 03:10 AM)AshuraTakezo Wrote:  So, how about stat transfers?
Maybe if they had a certain glow, the glow can be transfered to another sword to indicate the effect of that sword. Or maybe they should just have a nice design and can't be stat transfered.

Thirdly, maybe this may sound rude or sth, however I suppose they should be obtainable in level what 75+ maybe? (Personally I'd want them obtainable in lvl 80 only) if they were to be too random, well, they'd lose the badass effect they have.

And as for that cursed sword, well maybe it can raise the damage/speed/critical/pierce in the cost of 30%-40% HP and Chi?

What do you think??

I'm not sure how flash works, but I'd assume a program that glows to mimic the sword design is possible. I don't know what the effect would be on loading times though....

I don't see much reason to limit them to higher levels. (Except the drunken one, ya gotta be 21+ to equip it!) I'd love a new player to find something they have to understand better before they can use it...

I like the cursed idea! Big Grin

Annnndddd now let's add more properties.

[Image: Shopicon2.png][Image: Avatars.png]
05-13-2016, 07:16 AM
XD gonna add one about fire
breath of fire: you'd deal fire damage to your opponent based on how much fire attacks you have and of course, how much fire def(or whatever it's called) your opponent has.
05-13-2016, 08:57 AM
(05-13-2016 07:16 AM)mitsuyoshi Wrote:  XD gonna add one about fire
breath of fire: you'd deal fire damage to your opponent based on how much fire attacks you have and of course, how much fire def(or whatever it's called) your opponent has.

Off that note, maybe there could be a sword that reduces your normal attack by a percentage, but adds a percentage of your element damage to each swing.

Maybe 10% for light, 25% for balanced, and 50% for heavy.

Idk i wont try to make it balanced, just an idea. lmao.

05-14-2016, 03:13 AM
or maybe.....just maybe we get a damned long overdue update???

[Image: imthejuggernaut.jpg?w=885]

The burn ward is that way -->

05-14-2016, 07:11 AM
Welp themistokles i dunno about that it's been awhile i've been playing since december and i've seen no update XD
05-14-2016, 07:14 AM
(05-14-2016 03:13 AM)Themistokles Wrote:  or maybe.....just maybe we get a damned long overdue update???

Most of the time devs update the game, a large portion of the player base freaks out. I wouldn't blame them for spacing their updates.

Also, you gotta understand, the game doesn't make money to be self-sufficient, so devs have to take side jobs to fund the game.

And then they have to actually do the work to make the game.

Give the devs a break, they're trying hard. xD

05-15-2016, 03:50 AM
Yea I like that Thy
they do it for the interment of the players
and not for a PAY TO WIN THing xD
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user